My husband Andrew, who began this blog in July 2011, died peacefully on September 3rd 2012, at the age of 83, following a sudden brief decline after long-term chronic illness. As I go through his notebooks, I come across pieces of writing which I'd like to share here. I'll date them when written, as far as I can ascertain (not all his scribblings are dated). At some point this blog will become an archive, without further additions. — Rosemary Nissen-Wade

Sunday, July 10, 2011

On the bookshelf



Two bright-eyed clowns with red noses sit together eyeing in wonder whatever it is that is before them, tufts of grey hair grow from beneath their black berets, and big buttoned white shirts feature below their delightful bow ties as they shout: "Hey! look at us, we bring you joy. What fun it is today!"

2 comments:

  1. How can you not smile when you see them? I have a tree nymph called Waldo (mounted just outside my dining window) - I see him every morning, and he is always smiling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must be nice to have a tree nymph smile at you.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will be visible after approval from blog owner.